Chris Hehmeyer has long been a big player in the U.S. futures and commodities industry, but now he’s all in on crypto. On this week’s episode of The Scoop, Hehmeyer explained why.
Hehmeyer began its push into crypto during the 2017 bull run. Competitive pressures in its traditional futures business led to the firm’s pivot earlier this year full-time into crypto. Hehmeyer said he wanted to signal to clients that the firm was ready to commit to the growing crypto market.
That commitment coincided with the growth of the futures market and bespoke products. With a decade of experience in traditional futures markets, Hehmeyer Trading may be poised to capitalize on that growth. On this week’s episode of The Scoop, Hehmeyer talked about where he sees that growth happening, as well as:
- Where he sees growth is happening in the crypto derivatives market, given years of experience in the traditional futures market
- How he’s making markets in some of crypto’s newer products, dealing in spot and hedging in derivatives
- How being a Chicago shop getting into the crypto space differs now from 2017
- Why the decentralized finance (DeFi) space is the next frontier for firms like Hehmeyer, and how the firm is currently “dabbling”
- What the current DeFi “euphoria” could indicate going forward
© 2020 The Block Crypto, Inc. All Rights Reserved. This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.